As of June 1, 2017, all Junior positions have been filled so we are not currently accepting applications for our Junior Firefighter program. Please check back if you are interested in a future position.
- Above the age of, or if parent is on the Department, age 13
- Be a resident of the City of Falls City or of the immediate Rural District
- Be enrolled in school and maintain a “C” grade point average
- Be of good health
- Be of good character
- Be of good standing in the community
- Have parent or guardian permission to join the program
- Obey all commands of the Officers while on duty
- Attend business meetings which are on the first Wednesday of the month at 7PM
- Attend all drills and training exercises. Regular drills are every Wednesday 7PM to 9:30PM, with maintenance starting at 6:30PM. Some drills take place within our mutual aid districts. There are also occasional weekend training exercises.
- Respond to Falls City and SW Polk Rural Fire District calls and mutual aid requests whenever possible
- Approved firefighting gear
- State certified training
- Workers’ compensation coverage
- All necessary training materials
- Fire department uniform
- FireMed membership
- Annual community projects
- Friendship and camaraderie
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please stop by the fire station at 320 N Main Street on Wednesdays between 6 and 6:30PM and ask for AC Sykes. Feel free to print off and bring a filled in application with you!