- Be above the age of 18 (those 13-17 years of age who are interested in joining are encouraged to look into our Junior Firefighter program)
- Be a resident of the City of Falls City or of the immediate Rural District
- Possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License
- Have a good driving record
- Must pass a criminal background check, State and National
- Be of good health
- Be of good character
- Be of good standing in the community
- All Fire Corps Members are required to successfully complete the Recruit Training Program
- Obey all commands of the Officers while on duty
- Attend all support drills. Regular Fire Corps drills are 7PM-8PM on the first Tuesday of every month.
- Attend all required drills and training exercises. Regular drills are on every Wednesday 7PM to 9:30PM with Fire Corps members only required to attend certain evenings. Some drills take place within our mutual aid districts. There are also occasional weekend training exercises.
- Attend business meetings which are on the first Wednesday of the month at 7PM
- Respond to Falls City calls whenever possible
- Workers’ compensation coverage
- All necessary training materials
- Fire department uniform
- FireMed membership
- Annual community projects
- Friendship and camaraderie
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please stop by the fire station at 320 N Main Street on Wednesdays between 6 and 6:30PM and ask for AC Sykes. Feel free to print off and bring a filled in application with you!